Abstract acceptance will be notified during July; if your abstract is accepted you must be registered by August 1 2017
1. Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
• Presenting author’s and Co-authors’ details
• Full first and family name(s)
• Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country, email address
2. Abstract title: Limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
3. Abstract text: Limited to 300 words, including acknowledgements. We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
4. Abstracts should clearly state: Background, Aims, Methods, Results and Conclusions
5. Abbreviations: Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appear the first time.
6. Drug names: Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
7. Abstract Topics: Abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category most suited to your abstract.
8. Tables: A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
9. Graphs and Images: A maximum of 2 images can be included per abstract. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. Graphs and images may be uploaded in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. When including a table it is recommended to save the table as an image and then upload it in to the abstract.
10. Editing abstracts: Abstracts can be saved as a draft until you select Submit Abstract in the abstract portal. Once an abstract is submitted you will be able to view but not edit it in the Abstract Portal. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any changes.
• Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official Congress publications.
• Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other congress prior to The 22nd Congress of the Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR 2017).
• Abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
• Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
• Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
• Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. Congress website, programmes, other promotions, etc.)
The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to the 22ndt Congress of the Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR 2017), (Hereafter: “The Organisers”). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
The Organisers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
• The Oral Presentation will be held at a specified date and venue.
• The abstracts scheduled for oral presentation are grouped by topic, numbered and listed in the program, and published in the abstract book.
• Please save your presentation to a USB memory device and deliver it to the Speakers' Preparation Room at least 1 day before the scheduled session.
• Presentations with image clip must be submitted in advance via email.
• All presenters should be in the session room at least 10 minutes before the scheduled session.
• Each presenter is given 10 minutes to present the paper followed by a three-minute open forum. First priority in asking questions is given to the session chairpersons. Questions from the audience may be entertained if there is time remaining.
• The Poster Presentation will be held at a specified date and venue.
• The abstracts scheduled for presentation during the poster sessions are grouped by topic, numbered and listed in the program, and published in the abstract book.
• Each poster display should be confined within the limits of the area assigned:
Size: Portrait Orientation, A0 Size (841mm wide x 1189mm high or 33.1in wide x 46.8in high). The poster boards are velcro receptive, please adhere the hook side of velcro to your poster.
• The display should include:
- Title, author/s and institution
- Short background of the study
- Short description of the methodology
- Summary of results
- Tables, graphs and pictures (coloured, if possible)
• The text of the display should be readable from a 1-meter distance and should have an over-all pleasing or aesthetic appearance
• Installation and removal of posters shall be determined by the LCC
• The author should be available beside his/her poster and discuss it with the session chairpersons and other interested parties. Discussion will only be limited to maximum of 3 minutes per poster.
A limited number of travel grants are available to assist young investigators to attend the Congress. This is awarded based on the quality of the abstracts submitted. The grants will be payable by electronic transfer to the recipients during the Congress.
• Applicant must have submitted an abstract suitable for communication at the APSR Congress.
• Applicant must be the presenting author of an abstract accepted for presentation at the Congress.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome in writing on the date determined by the LCC.
Application for Travel Awards must be made online upon submission of abstract. The author may also submit the accomplished application form to the Congress Secretariat through email.
As part of the selection process for ERS Young Investigators, APSR-ERS members under 35 years old may apply for APSR-ERS Travel Award provided that they present abstracts in the APSR congress. Part of the abstract submission form shall include notification on applying for this grant.
e.g. “I am currently an ERS member, and will be under age 35 by the time of APSR 2017 Congress this year. I would like to be considered additionally for the APSR-ERS Travel Award. (Note: For ERS members under age 35 only. Inaccurate declaration will be disqualified from participating.)